About Me

My photo
A 16 year old college student studying Photography, Graphics, English Language, Computing and Geology. I'll post book and film reviews, art or photography I enjoy and any music which I like.

8 Oct 2010

Photography, Graphics and Books.




Today's been good. Spent a whole two and a half our lesson taking photos around Wellington; that's what I call a good photography lesson. I took over 400 photos, 1.6 gigabytes. Sorting through these is going to take up my whole weekend. Fml. Annnnyyywwwaaayyyyy..... We "finished" our Identity project last Friday and started Reflections on Monday. I already have, like, double the photos I had for Identity and it's only been two lessons...



I got my Graphic Communication finals finished too, I'm happy with them.
The one on the left is a traditional piece in ink, mono-printing and yellow chalk. The one on the right is a digital piece using two photographs and edited in Photoshop.

On another note, I bought two books today! I'm really enjoying Stephen Fry's new book, as I've said before, so I bought the one before it, Moab Is My Washpot. He makes references to it in The Fry Chronicles and the stories sound funny and interesting. The other book I bought is incredibly geeky/nerdy. I'm pretty ashamed to say that I bought the graphic novel of Kick-Ass. I saw it in HMV and could resist. I love the film, I think it's hilarious. It's macabre humour makes me laugh no matter how many times I watch it. It also evokes some sense of "Maybe I could do that" in me but, alas, I'm neither naïve or confident enough to do it.



And anyway, superheroes don't exist, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment